Getting Started Guide
You can download our Getting Started Guide as a .pdf here for easier navigation or you can view the content below:
What is Plasso?
Plasso is an ecommerce platform that enables anyone to sell their products, pre-orders, subscriptions and accept donations right from your website and through hosted pages. You can also send custom invoices to your customers or have them pay you directly through your personal Pay Me page.
Plasso integrates with Stripe and PayPal to handle all of your payment transactions. Don’t have a Stripe or PayPal account? No problem. You’ll be able to create them once you’re ready to accept payments.
Our mission is to make starting and growing a business online accessible to anyone. We build tools and products to help our customers go from ‘idea’ to ‘actual revenue’ without having to write code.
We’re a growing customer-focused team based in California.
What is a Space?
When you first get started with Plasso, you’ll want to create your first payment space. Payment spaces can be created to accept one-time product purchases, recurring subscription payments from members or services, and donations/contributions. Each space can be embedded into your website and/or be hosted on Plasso.
Each space can be unique and you can create as many as you’d like. Also, each space can have an unlimited amount of products and/or plans.
From the General Dashboard Menu, you have full control of creating coupons, adding custom messages to the prebuilt email templates, creating invoices, adding your space(s) to the Plasso marketplace, and customizing your personal Pay Me page.
How do I create a Space?
To get started:
1) Log into Plasso and click on Spaces in the left-side menu.
2) Click the blue “+” symbol.
3) From the Setup tab, you can begin filling out our Space information and enable the features you’d like to use when collecting payments from your customers. You can also, fill out the SEO/SMO information for better search indexing and open-graph links for Facebook and Twitter.
After you’ve built the foundation of your space, you can then begin to add products and add plans to your space.
To read more about creating a space, visit our Help Center article.
How do I create products?
Creating and adding products to your space is super simple and takes a few minutes to do. Here’s how to do it:
From Your Space Setup Dashboard:
1) Click on “Products” on the left-side menu.
2) Click “Add a Product” or the blue “+” symbol.
3) Name your product, add a description, and set the price. 4) Lastly, add images or video links to the Media Gallery, attach a digital file if selling digital goods, and/or create product variants like “Size” or “Color” to the variants section.
If you’re creating a free product, just set the charge type to free!
To read more about creating products, visit our Help Center article.
How do I create plans?
Creating plans is just as easy as creating products and can be done fairly quickly. Depending on the charge type, you’re given specific settings to create the perfect subscription. Here’s how to do it:
From your Space Setup Dashboard:
1) Click on “Plans” on the left-side menu.
2) Click “Add a Plan” or the blue “+” symbol.
3) Name your plan, add a description, and set the price.
4) Lastly, toggle between the different charge types, billing intervals, and set a trial (if necessary).
If you’re creating a free plan, just set the charge type to free!
To read more about creating plans, visit our Help Center article.
How do I embed a space?
Adding the cart or modal to your website is fast and simple, here’s how to do it from your Space Setup Dashboard:
Embedding the Cart
1) Copy the Embed Code (with Cart Code toggle enabled).
2) Paste the code before the </body> on each of your pages.
3) Paste in your Space URL link to each of your “Buy Now” or “Sign Up” buttons on your site.
4) Add the Product ID or Plan ID to the end of the Space URL.
For Products : https://plasso.com/s/SPACE-ID/product/PRODUCT-ID For Plans : https://plasso.com/s/SPACE-ID/plan/PLAN-ID
Embedding the Modal
1) Copy the Embed Code (without the Cart Code toggle enabled) and follow the same steps.
To read more about space embeds, visit our Help Center article.
How do I get paid?
You’ll primarily manage your payments via Stripe, since they process the transactions. The first step in getting paid is connecting your Stripe account to Plasso.
Once you connect your Stripe account, you can manage your pay out details via your Stripe dashboard. You can set the frequency in which Stripe will send your money to your bank account. By default it will send you money to your bank account every 2 days.
Check out the Stripe Help Center for more details on how to navigate payments, transfers, transfer times, etc.
To read more about connecting to Plasso, visit our Help Center article.
What is Flexkit?
Flexkit has all the flexibility of an API, without writing any of the code.
With Flexkit, you can process one-off payments and/or subscriptions. Easily build your own shopping cart. Charge for one-off payments and subscription payments in the same form!
To learn more about Flexkit, visit our website today.