How do I create and add Plans to my Storefront space?
Creating plans and adding them to your space is easy to do and takes just a few minutes. Depending on the Charge Type (see below), you’re given specific settings to create the perfect subscription. Here’s how to do it:
From your Space Setup Dashboard:
- Click on Plans in the left-side menu.
Next, you’ll be filling in the details of your plans. Let’s start with the “Basic Info” section to name your plan, add a description, and set the charge type:
- Plan Name – This is the name of your plan. These plans are most commonly labeled Basic, Premium, Platinum, etc.. to showcase the hierarchy of products or services but you can name them whatever you wish. After naming your plan, the Plan ID (see below) will automatically be added and may be useful when using a preselect URL string or using Plasso on a 3rd party site builder like WordPress or Webflow. Read more about Preselect URL Parameters here.
- Plan ID – The Plan ID is automatically added when you name your plan and is stored internally in our database.
- Description – This is the description area where you can describe the particulars of the specific plan (200 characters or less) and will only be visible when you create multiple plans. The description will not be visible when you create one plan.
- Accent Color – Adjusting the accent color of your plan will change the color of the plan background. The text color will auto-adjust accordingly. If you choose any darker color background, the text will default to white. If you choose any lighter color background, the text color will default to black.
- Enable this Plan – By un-toggling this switch, the plan will no longer be visible to your customers. To make it visible again, just toggle the switch.
- Charge Type – There are three options here: “Recurring”, “One-time”, and “Free” depending on the type of plan. A Free charge type would allow your customers to try out your service with no charge. A One-time charge type would allow you to set a price and charge your customers one time for your plan. A Recurring charge type will enable you to adjust the billing interval, set proration, choose a specific billing date and more (see the Recurring Charge section below to learn more).
- Once you save your plan, you won’t be able to change the Charge Type. Read more about plan edits and limitations.
- Enable One-time Charge – This toggle switch will give you the option to charge your subscribers for any additional fee’s or add-on’s that you set. This amount will be charged at the point of sign-up in addition to the subscription amount. For trial plans, the same properties apply if a user is wanting to charge their customer for the trial period. Once the One-time charge is enabled, you are given the opportunity to charge your existing customers this fee amount for switching to this plan.
- Price – This is where the price amount for the plan is placed. The defaulted currency for the space will be shown here. To change it, go back to the setup dashboard and change it.
- Once you save your plan, you won’t be able to change the Price. Read more about plan edits and limitations.
- Type – There are two payment types for plans: Fixed and Any. By setting the price type to be fixed, you are charging your subscriber a fixed price for your plan. By setting the price type to any, you are leaving it up to your subscriber to choose how much to pay. If you choose “Any” as the type, you can then set a minimum amount for your subscribers to pay you.
- Once you save your plan, you won’t be able to change the Price Type. Read more about plan edits and limitations.
- Billing Cycles – This is where you enter the amount of months, weeks, days, or years you set to charge your subscribers. You can leave this field blank for continuous billing.
- Once you save your plan, you won’t be able to change the Billing Cycle. Read more about plan edits and limitations.
- Interval – This dropdown option can be set to monthly, yearly, weekly, daily or custom. By choosing custom, you are then given the option to choose 2,3,4,5, or 6 as the value and months, weeks, or days as the term.
- Once you save your plan, you won’t be able to change the Billing Interval. Read more about plan edits and limitations.
- Billing Type – These options allow you to set the charge to a “Flat Rate” or “Per Seat”. This option defaults to Flat Rate and is usually for standard subscription payments. Choosing Per Seat will allow you to set a maximum number of seats for the plan. A great example is a SaaS company that charges by the user.
- Once you save your plan, you won’t be able to change the Billing Type. Read more about plan edits and limitations.
- Begin Charging – You can leave this field to “Upon Signup” if you want your subscribers to have varied signup/billing dates. The other options are on the first day of the month, the last day of the month, or custom. By choosing custom, you can manually set the charge date for subscribers to your plan by choosing the 2nd through the 29th of the month.
- Once you save your plan, you won’t be able to change this setting. Read more about plan edits and limitations.
- Enable Cut-off Date – Enabling this toggle switch will allow you to restrict new signups after a certain point of the month.
- Cut-off Day – Choose the specific day of the month you would like to restrict new signup’s.
- Enable Trial – Trial periods are great for letting customers try out your service. By enabling the trial feature, you are given the option to set the trial term length in days. After the trial period expires, the customer will be charged for the subscription.
- Trail Length – Choose the amount of days your trial will be for.
That’s it! 👻 If you need help with creating plans or you have questions with building a custom subscription modal, don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team and we’ll get you setup 💫