How do I create and add Products to my Storefront space?
Creating and adding products to your space is super simple and takes a few minutes to do. Here’s how to do it:
From Your Space Setup Dashboard:
- Click on “Products” on the left-side menu.
Next, you’ll be filling in the details of your product. Let’s start with the “Basic Info” section to name your product, add a description, and set the price:
- Product Name – This is the name of your product. After naming your product, the Product ID (see below) will be automatically added and may be useful when using a preselect URL string or using Plasso on a 3rd party site builder like WordPress or Webflow. Read more about Preselect URL Parameters here.
- Product ID – The Product ID is automatically added when you name your product and is stored internally in our database.
- Description – Here, you can outline the particulars of your product and it will be displayed under the product title in Plasso (200 characters or less).
- Enable this Product – By un-toggling this switch, the product will no longer be visible to your customers. To make it visible again, just toggle the switch.
- For Members only – This toggle switch is for enabling your members to buy additional products. If you currently have subscription members that you want to showcase and sell products to, you’d want to toggle this switch. If you do not have members, you’d want to leave this switch disabled.
- Charge Type – There are two options here: “paid” or “free” depending on the type of product. A “free” product would allow your customers to try out your product with no charge. A “paid” product would allow you to set the price and charge your customer for your product.
- Mode – This feature is defaulted to “Live”. This means your product is Live and can be purchased from your space. The other mode is Pre-Order.
- Pre-Order – A Pre-Order product is easy to create. Once you choose this mode when creating a product, you’ll be prompted to make the necessary edits to the pre-order. Those edits include setting a “Date” that will require you to set a charge date for the pre-order, setting an “Amount” goal to reach before the customer will be charged, or setting the pre-order to “Manual” which means you can manually go into the space and charge your customers when the time is right.
- Price – This is where the price amount for the product is placed. The defaulted currency for the space will be shown here. To change it, go back to the setup dashboard and change it.
- Type – There are two payment types: Fixed and Any. By setting the price type to be fixed, you are charging your customer a fixed price for your product. By setting the price type to any, you are leaving it up to your customers to choose how much to pay. If you choose “Any” as the type, you can then set a minimum amount for your customers to pay you.
Quantity and Stock
- Enable Quantity – You can limit the number of times a product can be added to a shopping cart in a single purchase by adding a ‘Max. Quantity’. Customers will only be able to add the product to their shopping cart 🛒 as many times as you set here. Set the quantity to nothing (blank) and customers will be able to add an unlimited quantity of this product to their cart. You cannot set this value to ‘0’, it must be either blank or greater than ‘0’.
- Stock – You can limit the number of times a product can be purchased by adding an ‘Stock’ quantity. Set the quantity to ‘0’ and it will be ‘sold out’ and no longer available for customers to see or purchase. Set the quantity to nothing (blank) and the product will be able to be purchased an unlimited number of times. Each time a customer purchases the product, it’s ‘Stock’ number will be decreased by 1, until it hits 0 and is sold out.
Here, you can add images and video’s to your products.
- The size limit for uploading images is 2MB per upload.
- The total number of images/videos is 5 per product.
- Supported Media types are:
- Image – JPEG, PNG, and GIF
- Video – Youtube and Vimeo URL’s.
If you’re selling digital downloads, this is where you’d attach the files to your product.
- File Name – Use this field to rename your file.
- The maximum size per initial upload is 2GB.
- There is no limit to how many files you can upload per product.
- There is currently no restriction to what file types we support.
Product Variants are useful to describe different types, sizes, colors, and styles of a specific products.
- Variant Name – This is the name of the variant (ex: Size, Color, Format, Style, etc.)
- Option Name – Use this field to label your variant titles (ex: Large, Green, Basic, etc.)
- SKU – A stock keeping unit (SKU) is a product identification code for a store or product. Use this field organize and track your products with specific identification codes.
- Additional Charge Amount – You can tack on an additional charge for specific sizes, colors, or types of your product. This amount will be added to the total and be reflected on the receipt sent to your customer.
- Stock – You can limit the number of times a specific variant of your product can be purchased by adding an ‘Stock’ quantity. Setting the quantity to ‘0’ and it will be ‘sold out’ and no longer available for customers to see or purchase. Set the quantity to nothing (blank) and the product will be able to be purchased an unlimited number of times. Each time a customer purchases the product, it’s ‘Stock’ number will be decreased by 1, until it hits 0 and is sold out.
That’s it! 👻 If you need help with creating or customizing products, don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team and we’ll get you setup. 💫