How do I set up my Storefront Space in WordPress?
When implementing your Storefront Space onto your WordPress site, you have a couple of different options, depending on if you are using WordPress.com or WordPress.org:
If you are using WordPress.org:
- You can use the FREE Plasso WordPress Plug-in to easily implement a “Buy Now” button that will embed your Storefront Space on your WordPress.org website. You can also use this plug-in to protect your page(s) you wish to be available only to members who are logged in. Check here for instructions on how to use the Plasso WordPress Plug-in.
- If you wish to embed your space but not use the Plasso WordPress Plug-In:
- Download a plug-in that allows you to add <script> tags before the closing </body> tag. (i.e. Header and Footer Scripts)
- Under Settings on your WordPress navigation menu, select the Header and Footer Scripts plug-in
- Add the Embed Code for the modal or cart from your Plasso Storefront setup page to the “Scripts in footer” section and click Save Settings.
- Back on the page or post you wish to put your “Buy Now” button(s) on, create a link to your Storefront Space URL + the product or plan. The URL for those buttons will look something like:
The full HTML should look something like:
<a href="https://plasso.com/s/abc123/product/premium-tshirt">Buy Now</a>
<a href="https://plasso.com/s/abc123/plan/gold-plan">Buy Now</a>
- If you are using the cart, you may want to put a checkout cart button on your site as well. For additional cart options and further instructions on how to embed the cart or modal this way, see our Help Center Article here.
- That’s it! You can click “Preview Changes” to test out your WordPress site with your cart or modal embedded.
- If you don’t wish to embed your Storefront space, you can create a button with a hyperlink to your Plasso Space URL that will redirect your users to your hosted Plasso Storefront Space. (See instructions below under “If you are using WordPress.com” section)
If you are using Wordress.com:
- You can create a button with a hyperlink to your Plasso Space URL that will redirect your users to your Storefront Space hosted on Plasso’s servers. Your customers can make payments and manage their accounts on this page. After a user has made a payment or signed-in, they will be redirected to the Forward URL of your choosing (i.e. back to your website). To add a button in WordPress:
- Select/create the Site Page or Blog Post that you wish to implement your Storefront button on.
- Either add a button on the”Visual” text format or change the text format to “HTML” and create an anchor tag that you can style to look like a button.
- Link your button/anchor tag to your storefront space. See below for examples (note: change the ABC123 to your Space ID)
- Using WordPress Button: “https://plasso.com/s/ABC123“
- Using HTML: <a class=”button” href=”https://plasso.com/s/ABC123“>Buy Now</a> You can then style this link using the class name to make it look like a button.
- You can set up your ‘Forward URL’ to redirect your users back to your website upon completion of purchase, creating a more seamless user experience.
- All done! You can preview the your site and the “Buy Now” button should redirect you to your Storefront space to make a payment.
- If you are on WordPress.com Business plan, you can use the Plasso WordPress Plug-in to easily implement a “Buy Now” button that will embed your Storefront Space on your website. Check here for instructions on how to use the Plasso WordPress Plug-in.